I think there is nothing better than having fun while learning, and I truly believe we did have a lot fun this year. My sweet little first graders were always excited for the next activity. I can honestly say that not a morning passed when one of my cuties patooties didn't come bouncing through the door, wanting to know what we were going to learn about that day! But, with fun and learning also comes pictures, so every time we did an activity in class my little sweeties knew to flash their beautiful little toothless smiles.
 |
| This is a cute activity we made to go along with a lesson we did on comparing and contrasting Tacky the Penguin stories. |
 |
| 100th Day of School activity |
 |
A beautiful display of the two activities we made when we learned about
Martin Luther King, Jr. |
 |
| Working with partners on telling time. |
 |
| Practicing being a paleontologist and digging for fossils, or should I say chocolate chips! |
 |
| Making 3D shapes with modeling clay and straws. They loved it! |
 |
For the love of Dr. Suess, especially when it comes to writing!
My little kiddos loved writing about The Cat in the Hat and Thing 1.
|
 |
| Learning about dental health and writing activity about what it takes to be a tooth fairy! |
 |
| An absolutely adorable bunny activity! |
 |
| Practicing how to blow a bubble. Oh my was this a blast, and our room smelled like Hubba Bubba for days! |
 |
| A fun writing activity to go along with learning how to blow a bubble. |
 |
| Blowing more bubbles! |
 |
| Learning about fractions with Hershey bars. Who knew fractions could be so delicious! |
 |
Our "How To" writing pieces proudly displayed on the wall.
First, we each made our very own dirt cup dessert with Oreo cookies, chocolate pudding, and gummy worms. Next, we had fun eating them. Then, we cleaned up our messes. Finally, we wrote about it. |
 |
| The Kentucky Derby and worms!? I'm sure you're wondering how do those two go together. Well they don't, but we were running out of time, or should I say the worms were running out of time. It was just poor planning on my part. I forgot the Kentucky Derby was going to take place on Saturday, and I had already bought the worms a few days before. I just couldn't imagine leaving those little creatures in the refrigerator any longer, especially through the weekend! |
 |
| Having lots fun while learning about worms |
 |
| A writing piece on "How to Escape From a Giant." |
 |
| If I Had Teeth Like an Animal. My little sweeties had to choose an animal they would like to have teeth like, and then write about why they chose that particular animal, and what their animal uses its teeth for. It was a great activity and they really discovered a lot of interesting facts about the animals they chose. |
No comments :
Post a Comment